City of Chetek Municipal Court
101 Moore Street P.O. Box 537
Chetek, WI 54728
Phone: (715) 925-1051
Fax: (715) 924-2855
Online Citation Payment – click here | Please call Ashlea at (715) 925-1051 if you do not have your citation number.
Municipal Court Window Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 4:30PM Municipal Court is held usually twice a month on Tuesdays.
- Adults & traffic @ 10:00AM
- Juveniles Ordinance @ 4:00PM
The City of Chetek is served by a municipal court that adjudicates all municipal ordinance actions. The actions taken are related to:
- Traffic Laws
- Building Codes
- Animal related violations
- Adopting State Statutes relating to behavior, alcohol and other aspects of the law.
If you have questions about a citation you have received, a suspension or revocation of your driving privileges, occupation licenses, or anything relating to fines in municipal court, please contact Ashlea Olson, Court Clerk, at (715) 925-1051 during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
You may mail your fine payment to the Chetek Municipal Court at P.O. Box 537, Chetek, WI 54728. Please be sure to include your citation number with your payment. Do Not mail cash. Make checks or money order payable to City of Chetek.
You may pay your fine in person at the Chetek Police Building located at 101 Moore Street, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
If your driving privileges have been suspended for non payment of a fine, you must pay by money order or cash only. NO personal checks will be accepted on suspension releases.
It is your responsibility to notify the court of any change of address. Fines are due by the court date written on your citation, whether your appearance is mandatory or not.
Before your court date, you may:
- Pay your fine by cash, check or a money order.
- Request time to pay. This may be done in person or over the phone by setting up a payment plan with the court clerk.
- If your appearance is mandatory you must appear at the date and time on your citation.
- Call the court clerk with any question pertaining to your citation(s).
Appearances for issuing worthless checks are mandatory. Paying the restitution for the worthless check, and any fees incurred by the victim, BEFORE your court appearance, provides the possibility of a reduction of the fine to just $50.00 for First Offense violations only.
Restitution must be paid at the Chetek Police Department by cash or money order.
If you fail to pay your fine by the date due, or fail to comply with any Court Order, the Court may take any or all of the following actions:
- Suspend your driving privileges for up to one year.
- Turn your unpaid amount over to the state collection agency.