Building/Zoning Department

Building Inspector/Zoning Administrator


Cell: (715) 764-2948

Hours: Monday-Friday  7:00AM – 3:00PM

Please contact the building inspector/zoning administrator for all questions regarding: permits, zoning, setbacks, variances, home occupations, use of property.

Home Inspection Service: $300, Well: $100 with water sample ($50 without), Septic: $100


When is a permit required?

A building permit is needed for all new buildings, additions, or structural alterations to existing buildings; including accessory buildings and swimming pools.

A plumbing permit is needed if you are adding or moving a fixture.

A heating permit is needed if you are installing or replacing a furnace, wood burning stove, fireplace, central air conditioning, or making alterations to the distribution or fuel supply system.

An electrical permit is needed for new service, new wiring or rewiring.

Building permits are needed any time a building is:

  • Erected
  • Reconstructed
  • Improved
  • Enlarged
  • Altered
  • Converted
  • Repaired
  • Moved
  • Demolished

Other items requiring permits: Installing new siding, new windows, decks, fences & reroofing.

Please see Forms & Applications for permit applications.